Carlisle - how does it work?

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
buzz13
Level 2
Level 2

Carlisle - how does it work?

Post by buzz13 »

Do we have anything that gives general info. on how things work? I would like to attend this year. For example are spots assigned to you? If so can you come and go with your car as you please. How far in advance do you need to make room reservations. I guess I am looking for how things work in general.
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

Well, Carlisle 2009 is history (it was the first weekend in June). I believe 2010 will also be first weekend in June. It's always a Friday-Sunday. Preregistration will save you $5 or $10 over the walk-up registration cost, although preregistration isn't required. Preregistration won't be available, though, until sometime in 2010. You can preregister online or through the mail. I don't believe the hotel has been chosen yet for the Merkur Club, but pay attention to this site and that information will be posted when available. You'll have several weeks in which to reserve a room at the club hotel, although it's not absolutely necessary that you stay there.

When you arrive at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, you'll need to drive to Gate 3 to register, which is painless and quick (the earlier you arrive, the less the traffic). Then you drive onto the showfield, find the Merkurs, and park according to the year and model of your car. There should be a big Merkur tent that will be staffed.

The showfield will consist of hundreds if not thousands of cars; all models, years, condition, etc. There also will be a huge For Sale area with hundreds of cars. In addition -- and a major attraction -- is one of the largest auto flea markets imaginable. You can literally spend 4-8 hours walking through it.

Food, most of it pretty good and reasonably priced, is also available.

Hope this helps.
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

become a MCA member, you'll also get a newsletter and more information on it. Once the spring time comes, there are lots of posts here and that can help you as well.

Richard summed it up well for you!
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Great suggestion ZTee!

There is lots of information on the 2010 planning site at: http://www.merkurclub.com/carlisle2010/carlisle2010.htm Click the FAQ link on the left for more information too.

That being said, this year will be like no other year in the past since we will be in the Building G area. There will be restrictions on 'coming and going' and all cars will have to be in place by around 9:30 on Saturday morning. Exact timing and logistics will be worked out with Carlisle Events in the spring and the site updated.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA