2023 Carlisle Hotel - Penn Harris Hotel, by Wyndham

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 1-4, 2023
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

2023 Carlisle Hotel - Penn Harris Hotel, by Wyndham

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

The Carlisle Ford Nationals will fall on June 1-4, 2023, so get the date on your calendar now.

For 2023 we return not to just our "regular" hotel (re-named last year), but we are getting our old location back in the 1100 wing with the drive-up rooms and larger parking area.

Penn Harris Hotel Trademark Collection by Wyndham
1150 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill, PA 17011

Unlike most things, for 2023 we have actually negotiated a lower room rate than last year. Our discounted room rate is $109 for a double bed room.

To book a room at the group rate, you must specify that you are with the Merkur Club of America (yes, even if you're a Capri guy), using the group code "060123MER". If calling in your reservation, I've found it's best to call the hotel directly at 717.763.7117

Clicking on the link below should populate the fields with the correct dates and our group code. You can change the dates if needed.
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/trademark ... =060123MER

If for any reason that doesn't work you can start from the basic hotel reservation site here:
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/trademark ... n/overview
Be sure to use the pull-down tab for "Special Rates" and enter the group code: 060123MER
You can just start from pennharrishotel.com and click on the "Book Now" button.

For a Thursday night arrival, Sunday morning departure, you'd want to make a 3-night reservation of June 1, June 2, and June 3 (departing Sunday morning, June 4). You may arrive three days early or stay up to three days late at the group rate. Of course, you can stay for two or even just one night, should you so desire. If for any reason you need to cancel your reservation, you may do so at no charge before May 30.

It is in your best interest to make your reservation early (i.e now!). Last year was a bit of a disaster with people waiting until the last minute and the hotel was sold out. As most of you know, Carlisle just isn't Carlisle unless you hang out at the hotel. Please do me a favor and make your reservation now and save me all the phone calls in late May!
:cheers
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: 2023 Carlisle Hotel - Penn Harris Hotel, by Wyndham

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

One thing to take note of... As you're making your reservation you will have the opportunity to sign up for the Wyndham credit card, which gets you a $50 credit and bonus points on your Wyndham Rewards account - rated by some as the best hotel rewards program. If you don't already have a Wyndham Rewards account, one will be created for you. I signed up last year and have already used some of my points for a free stay. There are a bunch of hotel brands under the Wyndham banner including Days Inn, La Quinta, Super8, Microtel, etc.
Brad
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

Awesome news on the hotel prices. Thanks for the work on this Brad.
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Good job Brad. The code worked well. No problems. Reservation made.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

Who "is" going?
Brad
Paul

Who "might" go?
Noah
Ed

I'm sure the crew from NY will also go? I never remember their names however.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

my8950 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:29 pm Who "is" going?
Trying to get a head-count in advance is always a challenge, especially 3+ months out. But I've already seen a few "new" people indicate they'll be coming this year - that's a good sign. Not counting 2020 (Covid), we've been holding pretty steady around 35 cars the past few years. That's the "new normal" head-count. As much as the 100+ days were crazy/fun, I'm good with this group size - it's more manageable - I haven't got much hair to pull out any more. :mrgreen:
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:32 pm
my8950 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:29 pm Who "is" going?
Trying to get a head-count in advance is always a challenge, especially 3+ months out. But I've already seen a few "new" people indicate they'll be coming this year - that's a good sign. Not counting 2020 (Covid), we've been holding pretty steady around 35 cars the past few years. That's the "new normal" head-count. As much as the 100+ days were crazy/fun, I'm good with this group size - it's more manageable - I haven't got much hair to pull out any more. :mrgreen:
I agree, unfortunately with the hair situation as well. :)
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

Im getting the " The rate you requested is not available" when i enter the group code.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Call the number in Brad's post (Wyndham's Reservation) giving them the Code in Brad's message. It worked nicely for me.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Matt01 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:30 pm Im getting the " The rate you requested is not available" when i enter the group code.
Yep, I'm seeing the same thing! :?

"The rate you requested is not available. Please see available rooms and rates below." :evil:

Investigating now and will report back.

In the mean time, go with Ed's suggestion of just calling the hotel directly. When in doubt, that's always the best thing to do as they've got more power to force the system to accept a reservation.
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I've updated the first message in this thread above with a link that should populate the reservation form with our discount code. You can change the dates if needed. I'll paste it below as well...

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/trademark ... =060123MER
Brad
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I just booked via phone. Easy Peasy Merkur (lemon) Squeezy.

They seem much more situated and professional compared to how the Radisson handled their customers.

My concern that I forgot to ask...do the ice machines work?
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

mhamilton wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:24 am My concern that I forgot to ask...do the ice machines work?
I'll put that on my list of questions to ask on my next conversation with them.
Brad
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

Just booked via phone and the rep said that was the last room under that group discount block.
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

jkxr4ti wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:20 pm Just booked via phone and the rep said that was the last room under that group discount block.
Thanks for the update Jeremy. I'm working on getting some rooms added.
Brad