Carlisle 2005 - Givin' Mad Props

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Carlisle 2005 - Givin' Mad Props

Post by anglin »

I figure I'd better put this in here too, just so people can hear my thoughts.

Connie and I made it home from Carlisle Sunday night. It was a darn good Carlisle. Best I've been to? No, but just because they've all been different. This year had it's own cool plusses that we haven't had before. I owe thanks to many folks for a lot of reasons. I figure I'll take this opportunity to do it publicly. I'll mix in some cool stories, just so you feel inclined to read the whole thing.

First, mad props to the "MCA Crew" for their tireless and selfless efforts to make such a weekend a success. They practically give up their Carlisle weekend to make it happen for everyone else. If they wanted to chill and stroll around the showfield, we'd be like every other unorganized, non-club-award-winning club out there. (Have we really won 6 out of 11 Club Participation Awards?) I'm not going to mention "MCA Posse" names, because I'll miss somebody.

Thanks to the following folks: Brad Anesi for his work with the Anglin family regarding the dinner. Jerry Chandler, for his tireless, bordering-on-manic efforts in organizing the convoy. Steve Kummerfelt (is there a "d" in there?), the Wirt family, Bill Williams, the Hinkles, Richard Thompson, the Eyler family, and all the others who drove the distances that only a true fanatic would drive. Christopher and Carlena Grayson, Ryan Mattson, Jeremy and Misti Hidy, and Colin Doyle for making the ride home less lonely. Colin Doyle for trying his hardest to get those one-liners over the CB radio, inspite of CB radio problems. Dimitri and Tameka Wittal (okay, so they aren't married - yet) for being downright cool people to hang out with. (I'm looking forward to it again next year!) Larry Hallenbeck for asking the mc2racing team (Grayson and myself) to do the suspension seminar Sunday morning.

Thanks to Connie Anglin (my wife) for getting those cool Merkur emblem cookies to the Saturday banquet. And thanks to those who chose Connie as the recpient of the "Eve Ziminski Memorial Award" for those cookies. Both she and I wept with pride when we saw the Banquet presentation slide with Eve's and Connie's pictures on it. I'm sure I speak for both Connie and myself when I say it is truly an honor to be regarded in the same light as Eve. Eve's cookie making skills are on another level, and to be associated with her made Connie feel very good.

Thanks to Cliff Walton for unbelievable ride (#1) in his beast. Is my car(with it's 250+ hp) really as slow as it feels after getting out of your car? I gained a new perspective while in the passenger seat. Cliff - don't bother supercharging it, like I've been mumbling at you for a couple years. The thing is out-of-control fast as it is.

Thanks to David Godfrey for both bringing the car and giving me the unbelievable ride (#2) in his beast. What a great sound that turboed 3.0 makes. It reminds me of a Le Mans LMP 675 prototype. Both Cliff's and David's car's engines revved so fast that I was left wondering why they kept shifting early. Of course both of them were shifiting at red line, I just didn't have any perspective on how fast things were happening. Talk about being on a different level. How hard to do one of those 3.0 swaps?!

Thanks to all who participated in one form or another!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

I hope to join you all one day, despite the fact that I am geographically disabled. :lol:
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I wanted (also) to thank Connie for continuing the tradition of the cookies. That was done, who did the XR4Ti chocolate bars? Those also were great, what kind of time did they take to do? Idea for next year, do the chocolate mold from a TFI or TPS. :lol:

Thanks for those who opened their homes along the way for the convoy.

Thanks for the sponsors for the great door prizes this year. I didn't win any, but "oh well".
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Anglin: Thanks again for providing lodging for Ryan and I on the way home. :)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

mhamilton wrote:I wanted (also) to thank Connie for continuing the tradition of the cookies.
I'll pass that along to her. She will appreciate your thanks.

I just posted a picture of the cookie and mentioned it in another thread, but it's probably worth adding in here. You'll have to forgive the fact that Ryan Mattson is having his way with the cookie.

http://www.merkurtech.com/merkurtech/sh ... sle007.jpg
Colin wrote:Anglin: Thanks again for providing lodging for Ryan and I on the way home. :)
Shonuff, dawg. See you again next year!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com