Scorpio Front Hub

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Scorpio Front Hub

Post by my8950 »

brokencase wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:23 pm Searching ebay for the ford part numbers yields many NOS seals available.
Bearings as well? I recall someone mentioning they are very difficult to locate.
I guess I'll have to check.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

brokencase wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:20 pm Front seals national federal mogal pn 53x68x10
Searching by "Seal 53x68x10" I'm finding lots of hits from industrial suppliers, so clearly this size seal is used for other than just automotive applications. That's comforting, as it's an indication that a solution should continue to be available, even if the automotive suppliers drop the part. From my point of view the seals are actually more important than the bearings given that you have to destroy the seal when servicing the assembly. I've found it's actually very rare for the bearing to actually "go bad"; usually a cleaning and re-grease and they're good to go for another 30 years.

I also found that the Corteco 12012561B seal is for a Fiat transmission, so that too should help with ongoing availability, at least overseas.
Brad
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Post by brokencase »

Hopefully that "53x68x10" sizing is correct as I have not verified it. I probably found that info in the old IMON archives.
It looks like you can get some very nice seals by searching by the size. They have viton, double lip, etc...

It would be nice to have the metric sizing for the rear seals as well. Perhaps someone could carefully measure the ones in their stash (or look at them to see if the size is molded into them).
Specialization is for Insects
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

brokencase wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:59 am Hopefully that "53x68x10" sizing is correct as I have not verified it. I probably found that info in the old IMON archives.
It looks like you can get some very nice seals by searching by the size. They have viton, double lip, etc...

It would be nice to have the metric sizing for the rear seals as well. Perhaps someone could carefully measure the ones in their stash (or look at them to see if the size is molded into them).
68x53x10 is measured and confirmed as correct.

For the rears, they are shared with Subaru fronts from 1988 - 2008, so there should not be any availability concerns there for the foreseeable future.
Brad