1986 XR4Ti for Sale

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

1986 XR4Ti for Sale

Post by DialM4Speed »

Well folks the time has come for me to part with my XR. The storage company I used to store it is kicking all the cars out so they can use the space for PODS. No other storage companies around will take unregistered cars and I don't have anywhere else to put it. Also contributing to this decision is the fact that I've lost a lot of interest. I've owned it for about 20 years, and it's seen better days, but I had always planed on restoring it. There are other reasons but no need to go into it. It does run but it's not registered, the tires are dry rotted too. I have some parts that I never installed LA3, new headliner and two Ford shop manuals are included. I did install a Port & polished head from an SVO, 3 inch downpipe leading Magnaflow 2.5 dual exhaust. I'll try and post some pix later. It's a California car and as I said it does run, and smog equipment is intact but that's another thing I've grown weary of dealing with so it's not registered and you will need a trailer. I'm looking for a quick sale so asking $2000 or b/o everything included. Text (209)405-6592 or message.
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 1986 XR4Ti for Sale

Post by DialM4Speed »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Trailer? I would just keep an eye on the fluids and keep it under like 75 :lol:
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

New in the box radiator / intercooler combo is pretty desirable and hard to come by these days...
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

It's in the car not the box. 😁
86 XR4Ti - Port 'N' Polished SVO head w/ big exhaust valves - Ported E6 manifold - 3" Sac Mustang downpipe going into a Catco highflow cat & Magnaflow 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets!
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

Here it run! Vroom
86 XR4Ti - Port 'N' Polished SVO head w/ big exhaust valves - Ported E6 manifold - 3" Sac Mustang downpipe going into a Catco highflow cat & Magnaflow 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets!
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nathankershaw »

Is the reg non op or out of the system?
Where in nor cal are you?
1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

nathankershaw wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:42 am Is the reg non op or out of the system?
I'm in Sacramento. For years I kept it registered but it needed a smog this time (it will pass easily) and I didn't feel like bothering. Once I put it in storage, I just forgot about it.
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nathankershaw »

DialM4Speed wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:47 am
nathankershaw wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:42 am Is the reg non op or out of the system?
I'm in Sacramento. For years I kept it registered but it needed a smog this time (it will pass easily) and I didn't feel like bothering. Once I put it in storage, I just forgot about it.
I texted your cell number in the original ad with a few questions about the car.
1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

LAST CHANCE on this R-U-N-N-I-N-G XR4Ti!!!! I'd really like to see it stay with the community but it's gotta go!
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

DialM4Speed wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:02 am LAST CHANCE on this R-U-N-N-I-N-G XR4Ti!!!! I'd really like to see it stay with the community but it's gotta go!
Do you know about having it transported? Example, I am in Michigan, but possibly interested. I have no experience with transporting though, I would usually take my truck and trailer and pick up, but you're on the other side of the country.
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

You can get quotes from transport companies if you Bing "car transport services"
s2europa

Post by s2europa »

Any interior pics? Thanks.
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

I don't think I do but come on it's about how you would expect for a car as old as it is. This is a full rebuildable project car so yeah, the leather in the front is toast. The back was largely good but might as well replace it too. Dash is cracked as usual; head liner is sagging but it will come with a brand-new liner for you to install. Door panels - on side is good the other side got chewed up by my dog, so you'd need to replace it. I still have it but I don't think it can be saved. Sunroof didn't leak and the drain hoses were not clogged up last time I checked a few years ago.
DialM4Speed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DialM4Speed »

GOING!