Selling Superchip for 2.3T

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
FalconPilot

Selling Superchip for 2.3T

Post by FalconPilot »

Hello Merkur Comrades,
Admittedly this is a selfish way to make a first post, my apologies, though it may help someone out after all.
My car is an '87 XR, I've had her for probably seven years now, and unfortunately the last several have been uneventful as I have the car parked at my work, engine in pieces at the machine shop in hopes of putting together a Volvo head 2.3. Except, that project may well end up in my Bronco II as I pulled a VW 1.8t AEB out of a parts car and am now planning to mock that up in the Merkur and make some custom engine mounts and oil pan, etc. Needless to say, I have way too many irons in the fire, so I'm trying to go through the plethora of stock parts I have in my parents' garage and sell some of the extra ones.
Anyway, enough about me, thank you all for being the national web of people who still care about these little machines, indeed many of this site's resources have helped me out over the years, and just opening the annual newsletter is always heartwarming.

Concerning this superchip, I bought it from a Merkur guy in Boulder, Colorado a few years back and never got around to installing it in my car, as it was at the bottom of the "project list" before I pulled the engine. It is still new, with original box, though the package has been opened. The part number is 7277 (for the PF3 manual trans. ECU), date code of 9/21/1998. I did some research on this at the time but needless to say you all are probably much more knowledgeable regarding the program that's installed on this one. My only recollection is that it's a mild upgrade for a stock car, no doubt anyone interested will eclipse my knowledge. Please PM me for pictures.

$150 and it's yours, I'll ship it well-packed for free. Alternatively, if anyone lives near Montrose, CO, feel free to swing by and take a look through all the parts I have.
Cheers and thanks for reading.
Attachments
P1050306.JPG
P1050306.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 3433 times
Last edited by FalconPilot on Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Brennan
Level 8

Re: Selling Superchip for 2.3T

Post by John Brennan »

Most of these were basically PE tables, if memory serves. Not sure if it's calibrated for the big VAM/IC, or not...
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost