WTB Scorpio Exhaust near Dothan,AL

Scorpio cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, DPDISXR4Ti

Merkur Club web site
espacef1fan
Level 5
Level 5

WTB Scorpio Exhaust near Dothan,AL

Post by espacef1fan »

I need the complete exhaust after the y-pipe(cat or test pipe,muffler,tailpipe).

I have a welder so exhaust could be chopped for shipping if the price is right.

Alternatively I would be interested in the flange and a section of pipe that hooks to the y pipe before the cat so I can build my own exhaust easier.
Adam Escott
Dothan, AL
89 XR with Outcast Body in red
Duratec build in progress(need cams and stand-alone)
89 Scorpio. Needs everything :haha
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: WTB Scorpio Exhaust near Dothan,AL

Post by merkurdriver »

The rear half of an XR system fits the Scorpio pretty well. I've seen the (Rapido) Borla dual exhaust for the XR installed on a Scorpio before and it looked like it was made to be there.
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Re: WTB Scorpio Exhaust near Dothan,AL

Post by brokencase »

espacef1fan -

I did my own exhaust. Look here...
http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum/viewt ... 29&t=39625

The flange to connect to the Y pipe is nothing special. It is a butted joint held by a flange two bolts with a gasket.
The gasket was embossed steel. I used plenty of exhaust goop when I put the new cat on. I cut a thin slice of exhaust tube and sectioned it to make an inner locating ring that was used to help align and seal the Y-pipe and the CAT at the flange interface.

I purchased a Davidco CAT (designed for the Scorpio) and the flange was wrong. The center to center of the two bolt holes was incorrect and I had to cut the flange on the CAT to turn the holes into slots.

Being in AL I suspect you (and your state) don't care about the CAT. You should be able to find a flange in the aftermarket in order to make your own exhaust. If you know someone with a plasma cutter you could easily make one.

Alternatively, 1/4" steel plate. Use a die grinder and cutting discs for the outline. Then find some way to make the big hole. Like a bunch of small drill holes in a circle. Then die grind, etc... It does not have to be perfect since you are going to weld your pipe to the flange's hole's inside diameter.

If I were to do it over again and I was eliminating the CAT I would have used 2-1/4 inch stainless tube instead of 2".
Specialization is for Insects