MMON members

Discussion of events in the Mid-West, inclusive of the Rocky Mountain area
Merkur Club web site
89 Scorpio
Level 1
Level 1

MMON members

Post by 89 Scorpio »

Does anyone from the old MMON list remember where the fall color tour used to end? I remember it was a restaurant in central michigan but I cannot remember the name/location. If I remember correctly, the restaurant owner used to own a Merkur Scorpio.

I will be home soon and plan to take the Scorpio on a longer trip when I visit. Thought it would be perfect to go there since my car has not seen that area/restaurant in at least 9 years.

Hopefully someone has a better memory than I about the restaurant.
89 Scorpio
Level 1
Level 1

Re: MMON members

Post by 89 Scorpio »

I found it! It is mountain town station in Mount Pleasant Michigan.

http://www.mountaintown.com

I believe the owner, Jim Holton, owns a Scorpio and that is why the MMON used to end the fall color tour at the restaurant. Unfortunately I never did get the timing correct to join the MMON fall color tours.

However, about 9 years ago I went to mountain town station with my mother and sister in the Scorpio in my own version of the fall color tour. The Scorpio was running great all day long as we meandered our way to mount pleasant. My sister had been told by doctors that she would never be able to have children. It was that trip that we discovered that she was pregnant with my niece. My niece is as much of a character as my Scorpio is.

My car will be completed with all the repair work next week and with that it will will be basically fully restored. When I visit home in mid-September, I am going to take my mom, sister, and niece to the restaurant just as I did 9 years ago. I told them about my plans and they are all extremely excited about going to the mountain town station restaurant. It will be a fun trip :D
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

89 Scorpio wrote:I found it! It is mountain town station in Mount Pleasant Michigan.

http://www.mountaintown.com

I believe the owner, Jim Holton, owns a Scorpio and that is why the MMON used to end the fall color tour at the restaurant. Unfortunately I never did get the timing correct to join the MMON fall color tours.

However, about 9 years ago I went to mountain town station with my mother and sister in the Scorpio in my own version of the fall color tour. The Scorpio was running great all day long as we meandered our way to mount pleasant. My sister had been told by doctors that she would never be able to have children. It was that trip that we discovered that she was pregnant with my niece. My niece is as much of a character as my Scorpio is.

My car will be completed with all the repair work next week and with that it will will be basically fully restored. When I visit home in mid-September, I am going to take my mom, sister, and niece to the restaurant just as I did 9 years ago. I told them about my plans and they are all extremely excited about going to the mountain town station restaurant. It will be a fun trip :D
:thumb That is awesome, I am wishing you and your family the best and tons of fun for your trip. I think you are a great son, brother and uncle. :cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
89 Scorpio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 89 Scorpio »

Got to take the trip yesterday. The car runs great.

Engine temp stayed at 1/4 mark the entire time. The last time it varied from 1/4 to 1/2.

The fuel computer(not the most accurate) said I was averaging 27mpg for the trip, mostly highway, mostly flat, stayed at the speed limit, and used cruise at all times. The last time it said I was at 19mpg.

The brakes worked perfectly and stopped as good as any new car I have driven. The last time I was at metal on metal in the front.

The family was very comfortable and happy the whole day. I plugged in two phone chargers, one into the front lighter and one in the rear lighter. Put about 300 miles on it without any major concerns. Not bad for being dormant for at least 7 years.

The mountain town station restaurant is awesome. Very good food, good service, good prices, and great atmosphere. If anyone is in or visiting michigan, you should pay a visit here.

The fall colors are just turning so a few patches here and there, but still a nice drive.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

:thumb Just Great. I am happy for you and your Family. :cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).