exhaust gasket

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Mamurlew

exhaust gasket

Post by Mamurlew »

hello

I can't find exhaust gasket for my xr4ti (85') in Poland. Shipping from US is expensive so i thought that maybe someone have something like print 1:1 in some corel or eps file or something like that. Then I will make it myself.

Can anybody help ?

Best regards,
Mariusz
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Re: exhaust gasket

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

If you are in Poland I would go to the local auto parts store. Take the old part and try to match it up with a Ford Sierra gasket. Those types of gaskets are pretty generic and you should be able to find something that fits. See if they can pull some flange gaskets and donut gaskets for you to look at in person.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:03 am If you are in Poland I would go to the local auto parts store. Take the old part and try to match it up with a Ford Sierra gasket. Those types of gaskets are pretty generic and you should be able to find something that fits. See if they can pull some flange gaskets and donut gaskets for you to look at in person.
Ford Sierra YB turbine outlet is totally different than the 2.3T.
I'm doubtful it would match.
However, yes, if you take the gasket with you, or even a photo and description with you to parts store, it should be common with something else.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

We don't know which gasket he is talking about. If he takes the gasket into the parts store I'm sure they can size it up to something common over there. Like a 1.8,2.0,2.3 liter four cylinder Sierra or possibly some other Ford. That's only if the OP is actually a real person of course.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.